The Cross Of Christ
“For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God……..But we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness. But to those who are called, both Jews & Greeks, the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men!” (1 Corinthians 1:18, 23-25)
When Jesus died on the cross His accomplished work was designed to change us completely. True believers have had their heats captured by the cross. If we allow our hearts and minds to be daily captured by what the cross really stands for and really does, we cannot help but be transformed. Here are a few things that happen when this becomes a reality:
1. When the cross has truly captured my heart my perspective of myself changes.
2. When the cross has truly captured my heart I will live for a new purpose.
3. When the cross has truly captured my heart my perspective on the world’s system changes.
4. When the cross has truly captured my heart my perspective on the people of the world changes.
5. When the cross has truly captured my heart my perspective on the people of God’s kingdom changes.
6. When the cross has truly captured my heart my attitude towards God’s church changes.
Having an encounter with Christ and His cross causes my whole world to change. It changes to the way God sees things rather than what I think. We must be reminded that the cross is the fountainhead of God’s wisdom and the source of all His power to accomplish His saving grace in us. Some people want to debunk what the cross stands for and just use it as jewelry around their neck or a mere symbol; the cross appears as foolishness to them.The Apostle Paul said “I will glory in the cross”. Remember that without the cross there is no resurrection. Today, with great joy, we celebrate both!
Mmmmm…….Think about it!!